Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It's Done

I've heard it said that you never really finish a piece of art, you just reach the point that you're willing to let it go. I fully agree with that. Every time I read through Waking Up Dead I found new things that I wanted to add, update, alter, or otherwise edit. But there comes a time when I have to let the story go and move on to the next one, and that time is now. I've uploaded the for sale version to Smashwords (which sells to iTunes, B&N and others), Amazon, and CreateSpace (which will be doing physical copy versions). Covers are all completed and uploaded, including the back cover for the physical copy, which my awesome artist Greg was kind enough to create a new seal for:


Paperbacks are ordered, though I might not have them in hand until the Monday after release. Still, if any of my Austin peeps are interested in a physical copy, let me know and I'll be happy to pass them on (outside of Austin might take me a bit). Signed copies from me will be going for $10. Digital copies will be available for $4.99 online most anywhere in the world. I've put a lot of time and mind into this project, and I'm very heartened by the feedback I've gotten from my beta readers. I just hope the rest of you enjoy it at least half as much as I've enjoyed writing it. It'll be available a week from Friday. Thank you all for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment